When text is in placed inside a block and formatted using text block margins or paragraph indents, there are some text positioning issues:
- Text is vertically too high, so it overlaps the block boundary
- There is too much spacing between the bullet character and the associated text
- When paragraph indenting is used, it bleeds into the bullet list, which is different from how Visio deals with the indentation
Attached is a zip containing:
- indents-and-margins.vsdx - source Visio
- indents-and-margins.svg - SVG saved from Visio
- indents-and-margins.svg - SVG created with Diagram 18.3
The diagram contains 3 blocks, one with no margins/indent, one with text block margins and one with paragraph indent.
All three blocks show the incorrect vertical spacing of text and spacing between bullet point and text.
The block with paragraph indents shows the bullets in the wrong position.
Looking at the output SVG, Visio creates the bullet elements within a single <text> block, as a series of <tspans> broken up by <newlineChar> elements. Aspose is currently creating all the parts of the bullet list as individual <text> elements. Visio also outputs the bullet point as unicode ‘MIDDLE DOT’ (U+00B7) while Aspose is outputting U+F06C which works for Wingdings, but isn’t portable. It would be preferable to use the Unicode character for portability.
bullets-and-indents.zip (13.4 KB)