Java - com.aspose.network.outlook.MapiRecipient - getEmailAddress Bug?

Hi,

There appears to be a bug with the getEmailAddress method on the com.aspose.network.outlook.MapiRecipient class in Java.

It appears to return the User path in Exchange e.g.

/O=ACME/OU=LONDON/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=010895

Should it not return the SMTP email address e.g. mickey.mouse@acme.com?

If this is the desired return value, then what method can we use to get the SMTP email address?

I have tried to use MAPI property tags, but it does not seem to allow access to PR_SMTP_ADDRESS?

Is there an alternative, or is this simply a bug that needs to be fixed?

Thanks,

James

Hello,

It looks like a bug in java outlook. We will provide a hotfix later.

Cheers,

Hi,

More than happy to help you fix these kind of issues - especially given that the java library is in Beta? Happy to sign up to agreements for access to code etc… This way we can help contribute to drive the product to a production state.

Thanks,

James

Hello,

Could you provide your msg files for our debugging? For some msg, the sender address is the exchange server email address, not the normal email address.

Thanks

Hi,

Attached is an MSG that you can use to test with. The MSG is within the zip file.

If you use the getEmailAddress() method against the MapiRecipient object you will find that it comes back with:

/O=CLIFFORD CHANCE/OU=LONDON/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=902757

We need to get the SMTP email address instead.

Thanks,

James

I have already replied to this yesterday???? and uploaded the MSG files.

Where have the updates on the forum gone? I also posted another support topic as well which has now disappeared.

Did you remove these or did you lose data from your forum servers?

Hi James,

I can see your last post (that was made 19 hours ago) containing a ZIP file attachment. So, i think, this is not lost. Is there some other post that disappeared?

Apologies - looks like I have some crazy caching problems in my browser... all very odd.

Ignore me - looks like all the info I updated is there.

Thanks,

James

Hello, James,

We cannot get the sender's email of smtp email address format recently. However, you can get the TO/CC's smtp email address.

Thanks,

What does this mean - this reponse really does not make much sense.

In simple terms - can we get the SMTP email addresses out of the TO, CC, BCC and FROM? If so, how? If not, when will it be fixed?

This really is a pretty fundamental problem for the product.

Thanks

James

Can I get an update on this?

Thanks,

James

Hello, James,

We will send you a hotfix shortly.

By default, the MapiRecipient.EmailAddress returns the value of PR_EMAIL_ADDRESS (0x3003001E) property. For emails from normal smtp server (not exchange server), it stores the normal smtp email address. However, for emails from exchange server, it stores the exchange email address. We have added some logic to fix this.

Thanks

Hello,

Any update?

Many thanks,

James