java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Culture "English" is a neutral culture

Hello

When I try to use Aspose.Slides on Solaris, I get the exception below. (Exactly the same code on Mac OS X works just fine.)

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_33"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_33-b03)
Java HotSpot™ Server VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)
$ uname -a
SunOS dev 5.10 Generic_147441-12 i86pc i386 i86pc

Do I need to set up my environment a little differently?

Thanks!

Ben

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Culture “English” is a neutral culture. It can not be used in formatting and parsing and therefore cannot be set as the thread’s current culture.
com.aspose.slides.c.a.d.i:-1:in double'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.c.b.e.h:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.c.b.e.h:-1:in do'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.c.b.e.h:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.c.a.bR:-1:in do'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.Al:-1:innew’
com.aspose.slides.ColorFormatEx:-1:in do'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.OuterShadow:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.EffectFormatEx:-1:in do'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.EffectStyleEx:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.FormatSchemeEx:-1:in do'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.FormatSchemeEx:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.MasterThemeEx:-1:in do'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.MasterSlideEx:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.MasterSlideEx:-1:in <init>'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx:-1:indo’
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx:-1:in int'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx:-1:inif’
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx:-1:in <init>'</div><div>com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx:-1:in

I’ve worked out what the problem was – the locale wasn’t set. Running the Java command with:

java -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=GB …

resolved the issue.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

That is appreciable that you have been able to figure out the issue on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,