Details on the issues:
- If there is word in the middle of the paragraph with Italics, it is formatting rest of the paragraph as italics
- Sometimes the page content does not match exactly to the word document. Because of that there is increase/decrease in the number of pages
- The page number in the footor (center) is aligned to the left.
Attaching the document which we are facing issues. This is very ugent for our upcoming release. Please help. Using the latest version of aspose and below code.
Document doc = new Document(“Test.doc”);
doc.save(“Test.pdf” , SaveFormat.PDF);
ukwldcat:Hi, I have formatting problems converting word to pdf
Thanks for your inquiry.
I cannot reproduce any of the mentioned issues using your input document and the lastest verison of Aspose.Words for Java. You can download the latest version from here.
Thanks for looking into this.
I am attaching both word and the converted pdf.
- Word document is 8 pages but the pdf is 7 pages.
- In PDF third page there is one paragraph extra from the next page compared to word.
I am using Aspose.Words.jdk16.jar from Aspose10.2. I downloaded it from the same link provided by you.
Let me know if you need more details
The documents attached shows the page numbers in footer aligned to right in PDF but they are in the center for word doc.
Thanks for this additional information.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce the issues with your first document on my side. Both the Word document and output PDF have 7 pages and the number of paragraphs at the end of the third page match as well. Please see the screenshot below.
Please note Word documents are flow documents and therefore the display of a single document can differ slightly depending upon the machine viewing the document. Could you please attach a few screenshots here of how the document looks on your side?
Regarding the issue with your second document, I managed to reproduce the issue. I have logged this issue and you will be informed about any developments. In the mean time you can avoid this by removing the text frame around the page numbering.