JSON and Smart Markers

This is due to the fact the Dates are also stored as numeric notations in MS Excel formats.

You cannot directly apply formula in Smart Markers. Smart Markers have their own rules and grammar. As an easy workaround, I guess, once you have processed the Smart markers and data is filled into the relevant cells of the column, then you may set your desired Excel formula to the values manually using Cell.Formula attribute to get your desired strings. Here you may use Shared formula feature to apply the formulas in one go, see the document for your reference.

Ok - but I cannot use the formula on the same field where the Smart Marker is? the User has the freedom to create his report, so how will I know which formula I have to use on which cell?

@DESO,

I am afraid, this is something you have to sort it out by yourselves. If you want this to be implemented using Smart Markers, you may try using dynamic formula markers. For example, in D1 cell, you may insert markers like “&=Report.Content” --> this will be a temporary marker, later on you may hide this column. Now in E1 cell, you may insert dynamic marker like “&=&=MID(D{r}, 6,4)”. This would dynamically calculate substring for your desired data in each row of D column. And, later on you may hide the D column (if this is not needed). Not sure if it suites your needs or not.

Thanks - will try it. Great support!

@DESO
Yes. It’s better that parsing the json string value as nested list,then set it as data source of smart marker.
If the data source is nested list,
1, do not use “group”, “horizontal” smart marker.
2, please use “noadd” smart marker as “&=myData.name(noadd)” for performance because it’s hard to get the number of the rows from nested list.