Justify Not Working

Hello,

I am using Visual Studio 2012 for editing Reports using the Data Tools package. (Link to download for VS2012 Data Tools here. I am also using SQL Server 2008 R2).

I’ve been trying for the last couple of days of making Aspose.PDF work but to no success. I’ve run the .msi installer and ran the installation manually but no success yet on having aspose.pdf justify text for me.

I initially tried using the Configuration parameter of IsHtmlTagSupported in the rsreportserver.config. As such:

True

But couldn’t get Aspose.pdf to even interpret a Hello World . Please do notice that my reports have been appearing with the Evaluation Period watermark so when Exporting as PDF with Aspose.

I then tried by setting a parameter in the report by setting the IsHtmlTagSupported boolean parameter and selecting true everytime the report came up. Still nothing though.

Through all this I had been trying the tags and using the style=“text-align:justify;” but always just appeared as text and not interpreted HTML.

Then I kept digging and found that Justify could also be done by inserting
Aspose.TextAlignment
Justify
in the code of the Report in the textbox, but as reported in a previous Forum post, the example that appears in the documentation doesn’t take into consideration how textboxes are now split into Paragraphs and TextRuns. Everytime I tried to add these CustomProperties to the code via using the “View Code” method in VS 2012, as soon as I pressed save the CustomProperties would be deleted.

So I had to resort to going outside of VS2012 and editing in notepad and adding the CustomProperty tag there. Which worked, in terms of not being erased after saving. Final results as such with the TextBox:

true
true
Bacon ipsum dolor amet kevin meatloaf bacon sirloin. Corned beef t-bone spare ribs, alcatra shoulder kevin pig ball tip picanha strip steak. Salami ground round bresaola leberkas tenderloin brisket t-bone boudin doner pancetta alcatra sirloin biltong. Alcatra tongue pork spare ribs cupim doner. Pastrami short ribs beef pork. Frankfurter drumstick doner leberkas rump.
rd:DefaultNameTextbox4</rd:DefaultName>
1.38417in
0.30083in
1.125in
5.61459in
Aspose.TextAlignment
Justify
None
2pt
2pt
2pt
2pt

Sadly though, after quite a few hours of trying to make this work, which included editing the report in VS 2012 and taking it into the Report Manager and running it from there, eliminating the IsHtmlTagSupported parameter from the rsreportserver.config and the Report Parameter section see if it was affecting it, amongst other things. Still haven’t been able to make it work.

Please Advise

Hi Hector,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem that text is not appearing in Justfiy alignment in resultant file. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFREP-33525 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks Nayyer for the quick reply. Wanted to ask though, is there any of the Aspose product that I could use to generate a PDF with Justified Text using my current environment? Specifically if possible to keep using SSRS in some way.

Hi Hector,

Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services is a PDF rendering extension for SQL Reporting Services but I am afraid currently our API is having some issues while rendering a text in Justify Alignment.

Besides this, we have an API named Aspose.Pdf for .NET which offers the feature to create PDF documents with Justify text in an application developed using .NET Framework. However it does not offer the feature to render .RDL file contents, but you may use this API if you need to render Justified text in .NET application.
Hi Prateek,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid the earlier reported issue is not yet resolved. However the scenario varies from document to document and the issue might occur due to the structure of input document. So if you are encountering any issue, please share the input document, so that we can further investigate the scenario in our environment.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Prateek,

I am afraid currently we are not certain about the exact timelines by which the issue related to Full Justification reported in this thread will be resolved. However its a supported feature and as requested earlier, if you are facing any issue, please share the sample file, so that we can further investigate the issue in our environment.