Justify only seems to work with one sub report

Hi I have a report that has several different sub-reports on it.

When I have a single instance of a sub report that will justify the text it seems to work fine - If I place another copy of this report into the main report neither this sub-report or the previously justifying sub report now justify!

I really need to get this working - It’s been nearly a year and a half trying to get this working

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the reports which can help us in replicating the issue in our environment or if the problem is already reported, can you please share the issue ID with which its registered, so I may check the current status and share the information with you.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

If you run the attached Main report - It has 2 sub reports on it - Neither will be justified if you remove either of the sub reports and re-run it will justify!

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

We are working on testing this scenario and will get back to you soon.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 3.1.0 in SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence studio and as per my observations, the report is properly being justified. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

Hi,

This is what I get - note I changed the parameter on the second sub report to 12345 to make the effect more noticeable.

The result I get is definitely not justified

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-33505. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Have you got any update on this issue yet please ?

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

As we recently have been able to notice this issue, and until or
unless we have investigated and have figured out the actual reasons of this
problem, we might not be able to share any timelines by which this problem will
be resolved.
<o:p></o:p>

However, as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of this issue, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi Andy,

The problem is still pending for review and its not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi Any chance of getting a team leader to review this I’ve been trying to use this for 18 months and I still can’t produce a justified report

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

Your concerns have already been recorded with development team and I have requested them to try accommodating the resolution of this problem in their development schedule. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi Andy,

I have further discussed the scenario with Product team and we do have a plan to investigate the issue in following month and we will keep you posted with our findings.

So does that mean I shouldn’t buy priority support?

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

The team has a plan to investigate the issue in coming month but if you purchase Priority Support, the issue will gain high precedence in terms of investigations and it will be investigated on priority basis, as compared to other issues possessing normal/low priority. However please note that upgrading to Enterprise / Priority support does not guarantee an immediate resolution to your issue, but it expedites the investigation process.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delayed response.

We have further investigated the Text Justify issue when using sub-reports and in order to avoid such problems, you can take the objects from sub-report and then add them to main report, because when working with such complex scenarios where multiple sub-reports are involved, we need to interact with many undocumented and unknown SSRS API data objects and we have to manipulate/understand them as per our own knowledge and assumptions. Even Microsoft say’s: “Writing a custom rendering extension is difficult.”