KeepSourceFormatting Possibly Broken in 17.7.0

I updated our product from version 17.6.0 to version 18.4.0 about two weeks ago. Since then I have had some of our customers complain of issues in the combined Word document that we create including that numbering was incorrectly being continued between lists in the combined document. A number of other formatting problems with fonts and alignment have also been raised.

Through a process of elimination I have determined that the problem commenced with version 17.7.0. I should note that none of our code has been changed. I cannot see anything in the release notes for version 17.7.0 that would indicate a breaking change.

I have attached two documents created using the exact same code in versions 17.6.0 and 17.7.0. Sample Docs.zip (1.6 MB) You will see the problems with numbering in the 17.7.0 version. e.g.

• on page 13 the numbering does not appear, even though if you select the relevant text i.e. the text under the “Purpose” heading you will see that it does have a numbering style.

• on page 15 the list under the “Attachments” heading starts at number 2 instead of 1.

My suspicion is that the problem is something to do with the ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting that we are utilising. Can you advise what changes to the library would have caused these issues in version 17.7.0 (and later).

@daveywc,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word documents.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

A post was split to a new topic: Numbered list styles are not being imported correctly when using the KeepSourceFormatting import mode