Know issues with Aspose

I was going through the Aspose documentation and found there are few known issues listed on the web site. Below is the link and my question related to the known issue.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/others.html

It says Pdf/A and Pdf/X are not supported In what scenarios are they not supported? I just wanted to Merge multiple PDFs into Single PDF. If any of the source PDF is Pdf/A or Pdf/X, will the Aspose.PDF for .Net NOT work?

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-.net/known-issues-in-aspose-pdf-kit-for-net.html

It says Concatenation: only PDF within 200M supported. I'll be using Aspose.PDF for .Net. Does that have the same restriction as PDF Kit for .Net?

Also, is the 200MB restriction on source PDF or concatenated PDF?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Concerning to statement “PDF/A and PDF/X are not supported” it states that currently Aspose.Pdf for .NET does not support PDF/X. More along, if you need to merge/concatenate PDF and PDF/A files, the resultant document will be PDF/A compatible.

However concerning to PDF file concatenation, as per our observations, we did not notice any issue while merging PDF documents where the resultant PDF was around 500MB. Please try using our product and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

So what you are saying currently :
Aspose.PDF supports PDF/A but Aspose.PDF does NOT support PDF/X

Aspose.PDF can perform concatenation, without any size limitation on source documents as well as the merged document

Please reconfirm

Hi,

As I have stated earlier, Aspose.Pdf for .NET is able to create and deal with PDF/A documents and currently it lacks the support for PDF/X documents.

As per our observations and tests based on source PDF documents that we have, Aspose.Pdf for .NET is able to properly handle large PDF documents and it can easily generate a merged PDF document of size around 500MB. However still we can not guarantee 100% compatibility with all the PDF documents with various sizes (some PDF documents have various structure and complexity, that might cause an issue) but you may try using our products. In case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

In order to fully test the product, you may request a 30 days Temporary license to test our product. Please visit the following link for information on how to Get a temporary license