Large amount of memory for converting powerpoint to pdf

Hi I'm using the latest version of Slides for java. I'm trying to save an existing powerpoint presentation as a pdf. The problem is that it is only 366KB in size but I'm having to set my heap size really large for it to be able to work.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and like to share that I have not been able to observe the setting large heap size requirement. I have used the default heap size set by Eclipse. For your kind reference, I have also attached the image highlighting the memory consumption. Can you please verify the things on your end and share further details with us. I have used Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 using JDK 1.6 in Windows 7 x64 environment.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

In your screen shot it shows that the memory used by java is nearly 300MB, do you not consider that to be very large? In my screen shot you can see it hitting nearly 290MB. When I set my heap size big enough to allow it run it actually hit nearly 340MB. I'm using Oracle JDeveloper when running this on win7 32bit with JDK 1.6

The original document is only 300KB or so. What would happen if it was 1MB in size. I have no control over what size PPT we will need to convert.

Thanks

Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

Yes I agree with your point of view. Actually, when you load the presentation in Document Object Model (DOM) of Aspose.Slides entire presentation properties are loaded in memory. The size of presentation does play a role but there are many properties associated with data inside presentation. They can be integer, strings etc. So, when presentation is loaded in memory the actual properties get set. The size of presentation in memory depends upon the number of slides, contents inside slides and images used. I hope you may have get the point that I am trying to share. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33601 in our issue tracking system so that our development team may also investigate the issue and can work on some possible performance enhancement in terms of memory consumption. I will share the updates with you as soon as our development team will schedule the issue and share their feedback.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33601) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.