Large text runs in Doc/PDF

I am having trouble with large text strings (4000+chars) being put into Table cell runs, and when they are saved as PDF, where the cell spans document pages, parts of the text are not visible. Sometimes it happens in the Word doc too. Thanks.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your input Word document and output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Ralph:
Sometimes it happens in the Word doc too

How are you generating this DOC? Please create a standalone simple console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce this problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

Best regards,

I am attaching samples of the PDF and Word versions. Look at pages 8-9 of the PDF (text is highlighted in blue) and see how different it is in the Word doc. I am also attaching in a txt file the subroutine that scripts the Word doc (and saves as PDF). I will work on isolating the code where the problem occurs. The text is 4029 chars.

The string assignment from SQL Server data values is in the statement -

s = rowAction("LCAPGoalAreaDesc").ToString & "- " & rowAction("GoalDesc").ToString

Thanks!

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12964. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Aiwass,
My client is wondering what the status is on this issue. Can you estimate when you might have a ix for it?
Thanks.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry, Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our product team is currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the exact root cause of this problem. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we will then be able to share the ETA. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thank you, Awais, and please forgive me for misspelling your name last time!

Regarding licensing - when the fix for this issue is ready, will we have to renew our license to get an update to Aspose Words that contains the fix? Also, might the fix be ready sooner if we were to renew our license now? I think we last renewed in 2014. We’d like to expedite if we can. Thanks.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your inquiry. The license file comes with an expiry date which determines whether you can freely upgrade to a version of Aspose.Words that is published before or on that expiry date.

In future when a release containing the fix to your issue is published, and in case you find that the expiry date of your existing license has passed, then you need to renew your subscription. For renewing/upgrading a subscription, please contact our sales team via Aspose.Purchase forum.

Secondly, I am afraid, it won’t have any effect on the resolution date if you renew a ‘Normal’ subscription. However, purchasing ‘Priority/Enterprise Support’ will speed up the process. Please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of these issues directly with our product teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I am wondering if Aspose has had an opportunity to work on this problem, where large amounts of text in a Word table, spanning pages, get split/truncated when being saved as a PDF?

Thanks.

Hi Ralph,

We are in coordination with product team to get answer pertaining to your queries. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12964) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.5 update.