Large TIFF to JPEG OutOfMemoryError

After updating from aspose-imaging-3.4.jar to aspose-imaging-3.6.jar I get an OOME on converting large TIFF to JPEG. The code is below and the image is linked.

package submit.aspose;

import com.aspose.imaging.Image;
import com.aspose.imaging.ResolutionSetting;
import com.aspose.imaging.fileformats.tiff.TiffFrame;
import com.aspose.imaging.fileformats.tiff.TiffImage;
import com.aspose.imaging.imageoptions.JpegOptions;

public class LargeTiffToJpegOome {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
String file = “invoices_3of9_2_Page_02_2400dpi.tif”;
ResolutionSetting resolution = new ResolutionSetting(200, 200);
JpegOptions options = new JpegOptions();
options.setResolutionSettings(resolution);
options.setQuality(80);

TiffImage tiff = (TiffImage)Image.load(file);
TiffFrame[] frames = tiff.getFrames();
for (int i = 0; i < frames.length; i++) {
tiff.setActiveFrame(frames[i]);
String jpegName = file + String.format("%08d.jpg", i+1);
tiff.save(jpegName, options);
}
}
}

The TIFF here is the same as in https://forum.aspose.com/t/9766. I’m not sure if the same person will work on it or how easy it is for you to share it. Please let me know when it’s safe to delete the drobox link. Thanks.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing sample image with us.

We have evaluated the scenario at our end. We are able to reproduce the said issue. The issue has been logged into our system with ID IMAGINGJAVA-479. Our product team will further look into it. We will update you accordingly via this forum thread.

Furthermore this post has now been marked as PRIVATE so nobody can access the information except you and Aspose support team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGJAVA-479) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.