LargeAdressAware Dlls

Hi,

we have a rather big .Net-Solution using Aspose-components. We have some problems getting enough memory (in one piece) for decompressing our images (tiff / jpg).

One solution could be, to make our program LargeAdressAware, so we could use more than 2 GB of virtual memory. Using DumpBin, I found out, that the Aspose-dlls do not have set this flag. That's no problem, it is enough to set this flag in our starting exe-file. But do you see any problems using your dlls in such an environment? Problems might occur in unmanaged code, in old c-libraries etc. i.e. casting an integer to a pointer...

Can you give me a statement on this topic please?

best regards,

Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share which product you are using ? It will help us in replying accordingly.

Hi,

we are using the version from Jun 08 2011 of Aspose Total .NET:

- PDF.Kit

- PDF

- Network

- Words

- Cells

- Slides

best regards,

Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team and I am not entirely certain about the scenario in which you are facing this problem. Can you please share some sample project/code snippet so that we can test this scenario in our end.

However concerning to the requirement on enabling flag for LargeAdressAware, I have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-29338 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for your inconvenience.

As you are also using other Aspose.products, so I will be moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum where I believe my fellow workers taking care of other products will be in better position to answer this query.