Lastest Aspose.Pdf sample PCL to PDF

I just download the version 17.9 Aspose.PDF NET, and the following sample does not seem to work anymore.

// Instantiate Pdf object
Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();
// bind the source PCL file
pdf.BindPCL(@“d:\input.pcl”);
// save the resultant PDF document
pdf.Save(@“d:\resultant.pdf”);

It complains that the Aspose.Pdf.Generator does not exists. I have look for another way to accomplish this but with no luck.

@info.ariesimaging

Thanks for contacting support.

Please note that old legacy Aspose.Pdf.Generator approach has been deprecated in new versions of the API.

We are sorry for the inconvenience which you have faced, though we are working over updating the documentation as soon as possible. However, please use following code snippet, in order to convert a PCL file into PDF, while using latest version of the API.

// Instantiate LoadOption object using PCL load option
Aspose.Pdf.LoadOptions loadopt = new Aspose.Pdf.PclLoadOptions() { ConversionEngine = Aspose.Pdf.PclLoadOptions.ConversionEngines.NewEngine };
Aspose.Pdf.Document doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(dataDir + "Sample.pcl", loadopt);
doc.Save(dataDir + "PCLToPDF_out.pdf");

In case if you face any issue, please share your sample PCL file with us, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Thanks for the sample.

Now, I am facing this exception:

was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type ' ’ occurred in Aspose.Pdf.dll
Additional information: System error.

How can I capture that exception on my code. I already have it between try-catch(Exception) statement, but the system just crashes.
But overall, how can I overcome that error?
Is there a PCL driver that you would recommend?

How can I share these files with you?

@info.ariesimaging

Thanks for writing back.

Please find the upload button Upload_Files.png (8.9 KB)
in the post editor, while writing a post, with which you may upload files to share with us. However, please note that our forum support upload size up-to 3.0MB and in case your document is of larger size, you may upload it to some public file sharer (i.e Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) and share the link here. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

7be20d1b-4ddf-4ee5-a73f-764fad13687f.pcl.zip (2.4 MB)
This is the a PDF printed using Adobe Reader and Xerox GPD PCL v3.8.496.7.0 printer driver.

@info.ariesimaging

Thanks for sharing sample document.

We have tried to generate a PDF document from shared PCL file and observed the same exception in our environment. So for the sake of correction, we have logged an issue as PDFNET-43374 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure if it is worth to mention, but if I try to print this same document using the Print as Image option on Adobe Reader, the process will not quit with an exception but rather hang indefinately.

Thanks.

Do you know what your tween is doing online_ - Today’s Parent.pdf (200.8 KB)
Here is the original PDF just in case you find some thing on its source.

@info.ariesimaging

Thanks for sharing further details.

We have provided this information along with the logged issue details and it would definitely be helpful during investigation. As soon as we have some updates regarding resolution of the issue, we will share with you within this forum thread. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-43374) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.12.