Latest version of Aspose.PDF

we are evaluating the latest version of Aspose.PDF and we are seeing 30+ seconds per page to print. This is unacceptable in our shop where we are printing 20K+ pages per day. Who is able to help us optomize our process?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for contacting support.

Please note that speed of printing depends upon many factors. i.e Size of the PDF Document, What mode you are printing in? Is it Color or Black and White, What printing settings you are using to print, etc. As far as Aspose.Pdf API is concerned, it just uses to send printing command with printing settings to the printer and the rest of the job is being handled by printer itself.

We will really appreciate if you share more details with us regarding your environment and printer details so that we can share appropriate information with you. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Because we are using the evaluation version, could that be causing the slowness? I have a 2 page document (Page 1 letter, page 2 legal) and it is taking 2 minutes, 30 seconds from start of print to actually the code completing saying the document is printed and then instantly I hear the printer start up and output the pages. If it is related to the eval version, is there anyway we can get a 30 day unlocked version to do proper evaluation with?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The evaluation version do not have any constraints related to performance but in terms of the number of pages it can manipulate. However in order to test the API without any limitations, you may consider requesting a 30 days temporary license by following instructions specified over Get a temporary license.

In case you still face the same issue, as requested earlier, please share the sample files, so that we can further look into this matter. We are sorry for this inconvenience.