Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Layout issues during Word to PDF conversion

What is your internal ID for this bug?
8.Original document: A6P_01pcs.docx
Converted document: A6P_01pcs.docx.pdf
Problems description: Typographical errors
A6P_01pcs.png (28.3 KB)
What the stauts is now?

@PowerHu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and upload your input Word document (A6P_01pcs.docx) and Aspose.Words generated PDF file (A6P_01pcs.docx.pdf) showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Thanks for your reply. I have been upload the Word and PDF file.
A6P_01pcs.docx.pdf (39.8 KB)
A6P_01pcs.png (28.3 KB)
A6P_01pcs.zip (19.9 KB)

@PowerHu,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17466. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@PowerHu,

Regarding WORDSNET-17466, it is to update you that we have completed the analysis of this issue. The problem occurs because the document has no paragraph defaults and was created using MS Word 2010. So, we load it using paragraph defaults for MS Word 2010. If you open this document in MS Word 2010 you will see the same result. This is known MS Word issue i.e. some documents are shown differently depending on MS Word application version. The document exported to PDF by using MS Word 2010 is slightly different from Aspose.Words’ output, but the text in problematic TextBox is also shifted down. So, this is not a bug of Aspose.Words. To achieve desired result similar to MS Word 2016, please use appropriate load option:

// Use this to mimic specific MS Word version.
LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions();
lo.MswVersion = MsWordVersion.Word2016;
 
Document doc = new Document(@"D:\Temp\A6P_01pcs.docx", lo);
doc.Save(@"D:\Temp\18.9.pdf");

Hope, this helps.

Thanks.
It’s ok to replace it with the new API.