Layout of saved word file getting distorted

Hi,

Please note that we have a documentum content server with which are application interact and carry out document processing.

In some of the functionalities we are stamping the documents (from doucmentum) with custom properties and updating their references using aspose libraries.

Now in a peculiar case for some of our documents table of content (layout gets distorted). Request your help in adressing this issue.

For your reference am attaching the original document and document after aspose processing and also listing below the code snippet for achieving the functionality

ByteArrayInputStream inStream = docObj.getContent();

ByteArrayOutputStream outStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

Document doc = new Document(inStream);

DfLogger.trace(this,"Afer creating aspose document from the documentum object content",null,null);

CustomDocumentProperties props = doc.getCustomDocumentProperties();

Set propNamesSet = propMap.keySet();

Iterator iterator = propNamesSet.iterator();

while(iterator.hasNext())

{

String propName = iterator.next();

DocumentProperty docProp = props.get(propName);

if(docProp == null)

{

props.add(propName, propMap.get(propName));

continue;

}

props.get(propName).setValue(propMap.get(propName));

}

// props.get(propertyName).setValue(propertyValue);

doc.updateFields();

doc.save(outStream, formatMap.get(dosExt)[0]);

DfLogger.trace(this,"Afer saving the content and stamping the properties on the documentum object (using words)",null,null);

outStream.flush();

docObj.setContent(outStream);

// docObj.save();

inStream.close();

outStream.close();

Thanks

Tarun Sharma

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8500. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

With reference to issue numbered WORDSNET-8500 in your issue tracking system can we please have a tentative timeline of recieving a fix for this. The thing is that there is a production release waiting on this and getting a tentative date wil be useful for setting the stakeholders expectation.

Thanks

Tarun Sharma

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is not resolved yet. Currently, it is in development phase. The responsible developer has planned to integrate the fix in 13.7.0 release. If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include the fix to your issue in Aspose.Words’ July release i.e. 13.7.0. Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment; we will inform you via this thread as soon as it’s resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8500) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.