Legend Entry Font Size Issue In PDF & PPTX

Hi Team,

I have an excel in which for Bubble graph 4 series were added.
While setting the series names I have added a ▲ symbol to few of the series names.

In excel my generated report is fine.

But after converting the .xlsx file to PDF and PPTX for the series names that I added ▲ symbol the font size is increased with other normal series names (i.e, series names without ▲ symbol appended).

Please find the screenshot for the increased font size of the legend entry in PDF and PPTX formats.

FYI, Im using the latest aspose-cells-17.02.4 jar.

Attaching excel used, generate PDF and PPTX files for your reference.

Kindly look into this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe the issue as per your description and found, Aspose.Cells is changing the legend entries font.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42211 - Font size of legend entry gets changed while saving to pdf

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please check the following attached images

The font size of legend entries does not look same. Actually they are same, all are 6.64. Please refer to PdfInAdobeWithSymbol.png and PdfInAdobeNoSymbol.png in the attachment.

The font name is not same. As we cannot render the symbol with "Calibri" font, we search a suitable font "Arial Unicode MS" to replace "Calibri".
For solving this issue, it is best to set a font that can draw symbol e.g. "Arial" for legend before generating report. Please see the following sample code for your help.

Java
Chart c = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getCharts().get(0);
c.getLegend().getFont().setName("Arial");

Hi Team,

Could you please help us with some symbols which can be rendered with Calibri font (Since my legend entries should be displayed with Calbri font only).

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Please get the symbol of your choice from web and then find its code using

=UNICODE(A1)

and then add that code in some cell using

=UNICHAR(A2)

Set the font of the cell to Calibri and check if it is rendered fine.

However, in order to help you better, we have logged your comment in our database for product team consideration. We will look into it and suggest you any workaround if possible. Once, there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Team,

Thanks for the code to insert the triangle(▲) in the cell using UNICODE and UNICHAR properties.

But my requirement is to add the triangle (▲) symbol to the legend entries of legend as below:

legendentry1 ▲ legendentry2 ▲
legendentry3 legendentry4▲

For the above legend entries if Im giving Calibri font then after conversion to PDF and PPTX the font of legend entries with triangle are converted to Arial.

Could you please suggest us on how we can handle this to have the legend entries with Calibri font along with ▲ symbol.
If not, suggest us some symbols that are compatible with Calibri font.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Hi,

Please see the attached CalibriSysmbols.out.xlsx file. It contains the symbols that can be rendered by Calibri font. Please refer to the following link for all characters that Calibri font can render.

Reference Link: