Legend Position

Trying to use the Legend.setY(float) method and it’s not doing anything at all. Legend stays in the same place.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please visit this link for your kind reference and then share your kind feedback with us,

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

It doesn’t help.

I want to position the legend to the left using:

legend.setPosition(LegendPositionType.Left);

Then I want to move it to the top left by calling:

legend.setY(0); // As a fraction of chart height will equal 0.

So I want to leave the width and height at the best-fit values and only change the Y position.

I suspect this isn’t possible.

Hi Shaun,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I please share with us if you are able to do the same, by using PowerPoint on your end, or not. If yes then please share with us the presentation file to explain your desired output. I will proceed further once the requested information is shared by you.

Best Regards,

What I really want is a method that Aspose.Cells has for charts called calculate().

Any chance of logging that as a feature request? It would do exactly the same thing.

If element positions are auto assigned (like legends, axes, chart area, etc) it calculates the positions and then you can move them around and do calculations based on the size.

Hi Shaun,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that we have logged a feature request ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-34971. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically once the issue will be resolved.

Best Reagrds,