Letters "intbl" appearing in rtf table

In our application we pull records with pre-formatteed RTF text from a database and use Aspose.Words to append these records as single RTF documents at which point we render each document as a PDF. Previously we used Word Automation for this.

I'm noticing that in some of the RTF tables the letters "intbl" appear at the beginning of every row of the table and immediately after the table (you can see this at the bottom of page 4 of the attached RTF document). Our app

When we use Word automation to append this RTF together into one document (by using the clipboard within the application) the letters "intbl" would sometimes appear next to the table in the RTF. However, after Word renders the document as PDF it would make "intbl" go away so it looked fine.

When appending this same RTF using Aspose, "intbl" appears in both the RTF and the PDF output.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please save the incoming Rtf text from database to a .txt file and attach this Rtf string here for our reference. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

It is attached as a txt.

Thanks Awais!

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.9.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7326. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your patience.

It is to inform you that our development team has completed the analysis of your issue. The Rtf string you provided is invalid. To confirm this please open ‘To Aspose 2964650.txt’ with Microsoft Word and re-save it to Rtf/Doc or Docx format. You’ll find presence of an unexpected character ‘i’ next to each row in the last Table. Please see the attached screenshots which highlight these problems. Please note that Microsoft Word fixes your Rtf string differently in Docx/Wml and Rtf/Doc formats. On the other hand, Aspose.Words fixes this Rtf string in a way you considered as a bug. Please let us know your opinion on what picture looks better to you and why?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Hi Sean,

It is to update you that your issue is now closed with 'Won't Fix' resolution. This means the issue is actually not fixed but closed because we can not fix this. Please see the description in my precious post. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,