LibreOffice menu customization support

Hello,

We are using Aspose.Words to generate odt documents. The users can then modify these documents using LibreOffice but we use customized menus to limit some of the LibreOffice functionalities.

These LibreOffice menu customization data are stored directly in the .odt file (wich is actually as you probably well know a zip file containing xml files and some other stuff) in \Configurations2\menubar\menubar.xml.

It seems Aspose.Words does not handle these data because if we load an odt file and save it back, the “configuration2” directory is lost. Or I may have missed something…

I understand it’s an odt specific (maybe even LibreOffice specific) concern but could you please tell me if I’m missing something here or if you are planning to support these customization data in the future?

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud.

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your sample ODT file with LibreOffice menu customization data stored inside here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

I’ve attached an odt document as requested. If you open it with LibreOffice, you should have a reduced “file” menu (no “save as” for example).

Thank you for your help.
Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the additional information. I have logged a new feature request in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10000. Our development team will further look into the details of this requirement and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thank you again, great support.

H,

I was wondering if there is any news about this topic ?

Thank you.

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for being patient. Regarding WORDSNET-10000, this problem actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words and we regret to share with you that implementation of this issue has been postponed for now. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we can not promise a resolution any time soon. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,