We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Licence error on WebGRid with Aspsoe 8.0

hi

I am geeeting this evaluation oage on Webgrid.i have attached screen shot.

I am not getting this when i do save to excel.I am using Aspose 8.0 version

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb

There are different classes for Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Cells for GridWeb license. These are the following

1 - Aspose.Cells.License
2 - Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License

So, if you want to set license for Aspose.Cells, you will use the first class and if you want to set the license of Aspose.Cells for GridWeb, then you will use the second class.

Here is the code to set the license of Aspose.Cells for GridWeb for your reference.

C#

public partial class TestGridWeb : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (Page.IsPostBack == false)

{

Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License lic = new Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License();

lic.SetLicense(@“F:\Aspose\License\Aspose.Total.lic”);

}

}

}

how do i get this licence file Aspose.Total.lic
i am using Aspose 8.0 version

cutrrently i have below in global.aspx so i do not have to set on each page.
Aspose.Cells.License lic = new Aspose.Cells.License();
lic.SetLicense(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("..\\Aspose.Cells.lic"));

do you think i have to add Aspose.Total.lic also with this one or just only Aspose.Total.lic can take care both scenario as i am using webgrid for dispaly on aspx web page and for file download i am using Aspose.Cells

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for writing back.

Aspose.Total for .NET is a collection of all Aspose APIs for .NET platform. If you have purchased the complete collection then your license file would have came with a similar name as “Aspose.Total.lic”. Please note, the file name does not matter at all, although the contents of the file do. For instance, when you open your license file “Aspose.Cells.lic” in notepad, you will find the tag showing what products you may use with your license. In your case, it seems that you have bought Aspose.Cells for .NET API only therefore the license file name is “Aspose.Cells.lic”. You may confirm further what products you may use by opening the license file in notepad.

Moreover, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb component is the part of Aspose.Cells for .NET product so you can use the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb component with same license. Although you have create a separate instance of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License class, and call its SetLicense method separately while using the same license file.

Please feel free to write back in case you have any confusion.