Licence is invalid (upgrade from 4.4.1 to 4.8.2)?

Hi all

Due the problems with 4.4.1, we decided to upgrade into 4.8.2, but running of the report returns the following error:

DownloadExcel Message:‘Report Group Id:1, Period:3 months, Start Date:29/06/2011, End Date:29/09/2011’ ErrorCode:’’ MessageDetails:'System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Cells, Version=4.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9a40d5a4b59e5256’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Aspose.Cells, Version=4.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9a40d5a4b59e5256’

Server stack trace:
at System.Signature._GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, IntPtr fieldHandle, IntPtr methodHandle, IntPtr declaringTypeHandle)
at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig,

I can’t find where the version 4.4.1 is still used. All project references are updated. Config files and proj file don’t have any reference to 4.4.1 - only 4.8.2. Looking at the Stack Trace, I found a method System.Signature.GetSignature, which generates the following error. Do we have to upgrade the lincence to get 4.8.2 working?

Thanks in advance for the prompt answer.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

This does not seem to be a license error and you don’t need a license to upgrade your application if it your license is valid for the product.

This error seems to be relating to assembly references. Will you please check all the references and update all of them? If you have any assembly in GAC, then you should also remove it.

Thanks for your answer. I found the problem - we used the third library, which had the reference to Aspose.Cell, but it was not re-built.
Issuer was solved.

Hi,

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved now.