License error - running application on IIS with new Aspose.Cells.dll

Hello Aspose Team,

A few days ago I reported an issue that I encountered when trying to register a hot fix Aspose.Cells.dll - See thread (<A href="</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>). The new dll threw up an Aspose.Cells.lic error because it needed to be regsitered using the regasm facility. After successfully registering the new dll my COM application now works fine. </FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have also been running my application in the Internet Information Server environment on a web page in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\... (and we need to run this on a server when we go live) which was running fine until I registered the new new dll. Now when I run my application I get the following error about the license again...</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2><STRONG>Cannot find license 'Aspose.Cells.lic' </STRONG></FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>The only thing that has changed in my setup is the introduction and registration of the new Aspose.Cells.dll. All my file locations have remained the same. Do I need to register the new dll with IIS somehow too? If there's a quick way to do this can you please let me know but </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>I would rather get a new <STRONG>Aspose.Cells.msi</STRONG> built by your team which would ensure that the Aspose.Cells.dll version 4.5.1.7 was being registered in all the correct places. I think this would be a good service for customers who have purchased Aspose.Cells anyway whenever there's a new version.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks and Regards</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Lee</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Tahoma size=2></FONT> </P>

Hi,

Well, the error seems to me shows the SetLicense method could not find "Aspose.Cells.lic" file, could you make sure that the filepath is correctly specified and also there is no security configuration issues accessing the file what so ever in your environment.And, by the way, which filepath it searches to find the license file. Could you give us complete details about the licensing issue so that we may sort out the things soon.

For your info, I have tested it into an IIS environment using a simple .asp application after registering the new Aspose.Cells.dll component and it works fine here.

Thank you.

Hello Aspose Team,

I presumed that the .lic file resides in a fixed location where the dll looks for it. We haven't moved the license file so could it be a permissions thing so that IIS can communicate with the dll?

I didn't receive any instructions when I purchased the license in terms of where it should go so I put it in the following directories... and it worked before the new dll was registered.

C:\CincomDev... this where our COM application is and it works fine with the .lic and latest .dll

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PrismSelect\website ... this where our IIS application is that now doesn't work but worked before we registered the new dll

C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells\Bin\Net1.0
C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells\Bin\Net2.0

C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Cells\License

Our application coding doesn't call for the license from a specific directory because

1.) the COM application resides in the same folder C:\CincomDev as the license

2.) The ISS Application resides in the same folder as the license

Again the point is that I had a working application for both COM and ISS before the new dll was registered and I've not moved any license or any other files..

Please could you build a new Aspose.Cells.msi and installation instructions so that I can get this thing up and running and the dll regsitered in all the correct places. Also if you have any instructions on where my license should reside that would be great.

Thanks and Regards,

Lee

Hello Aspose Team,

A few days ago I reported an issue that I encountered when trying to register a hot fix Aspose.Cells.dll - See thread (<A href="</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>). The new dll threw up an Aspose.Cells.lic error because it needed to be regsitered using the regasm facility. After successfully registering the new dll my COM application now works fine. </FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have also been running my application in the Internet Information Server environment on a web page in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\... (and we need to run this on a server when we go live) which was running fine until I registered the new new dll. Now when I run my application I get the following error about the license again...</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2><STRONG>Cannot find license 'Aspose.Cells.lic' </STRONG></FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>The only thing that has changed in my setup is the introduction and registration of the new Aspose.Cells.dll. All my file locations have remained the same. Do I need to register the new dll with IIS somehow too? If there's a quick way to do this can you please let me know but </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>I would rather get a new <STRONG>Aspose.Cells.msi</STRONG> built by your team which would ensure that the Aspose.Cells.dll version 4.5.1.7 was being registered in all the correct places. I think this would be a good service for customers who have purchased Aspose.Cells anyway whenever there's a new version.</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks and Regards</FONT></P> <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Lee</FONT></P>

Hi Lee,

Well, it looks strange that you are getting this issue, we can provide you a new build "Aspose.Cells.msi" (installer) for your need if it works for you. Moreover, you may try to uninstall the previous Aspose.Cells version and just try to register the new fix (which Simon provided you) if it fixes your issue.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I would appreciate it if you could build a new Aspose.Cells.msi with the latest dll in. There seems to be an issue with registering the stand alone dll.

Regards,

Lee

Hi Amjad,

Can you let me know when you can build a new Aspose.Cells.msi so that I can install Aspose.Cells.dll version 4.5.1.7. Much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Lee