License Expiration error on a particular server

My issue is very similar to Aspose Total license Expired Error

The difference is that we just have an order for Aspose.Slides, and the main issue is that it is giving the License Expiration error only on a particular server that the code was deployed to. It works on 2 other environments with the exact same code and lic file.

Can you give some insight as to how the expiration is checked as the library is compiled? We’ve checked that it’s not using an expired trial key for the environment that’s not working. It could be something else on our end, but more information is needed.

The order number is 160706140721.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share environment details on which you are facing issue and also share environment details on which everything working fine. Please share feedback with us.

Best Regards,

The environments are the same with the exception that the one that is not working is a virtual machine. Does the dll need to make an HTTP call to verify the expiration date of the library?

Hi Ben,

I have observed your comments that you are getting the issue on a certain server but not reproducing the issue with same license and code on other servers. It seems to be issue related to access of license file on your problem generating server. Aspose.Slides does offer you the support of validating if the license is applied in your application or not. You may please try using the following sample code on your end to serve the purpose.

License lic = new License();
lic.SetLicense(“C:\Aspose Data\Aspose.Total.lic”);
if (!lic.IsLicensed())
{
//Issue in license, please reload the license
}

Many Thanks,

When you say to reload the license, do you mean to just use SetLicense() again? What’s the point if it will be the same result?

Hi Ben,

I have observed your comments. Reload license is just message here if license file is not properly loaded or license file has problem then this message will appear as i can see in Mudasir code.

Best Regards,

No message will appear, that’s just a comment inside the brackets of the if statement.

It will go into that code block if IsLicensed returns false.
Then Mudasir is saying that in place of that comment, I should reload the license, which I am saying will not change anything.
Can you please give more insight as to how the license works?

Hi Ben,

I have observed your comments and like to share that the sample code that I have shared with you is helpful in verifying if your license file is applied in your application or not. If for any reason in your application for example your application may spawn a new thread, in that case you need to verify if your license file is applied in thread you are using Aspose.Slides instance. If for any reason, the false value is returned, you can simply reload the license. I hope this will be understandable. If there is still an issue then please share the working sample project reproducing the issue along with all platform and other details on machine where things are failing.

Many Thanks,