License issue in aspose cells

@nbeck,
Also for our reference, please try the servletContext.getResourceAsStream and share the feedback. This information will help us to analyze the issue here.

Can you answer my question ?

We are using docker containerization mechanism to deploy our application. This docker container is created on Windows EC2 Physical machine. Docker is our virtual image of windows and AWS EC2 is our physical box. This license file present inside Docker virtual box because it is part of the code.

This could be the issue that your license validation is failing. ?

@nbeck,
Please spare us little time to investigate it and share our feedback.

We faced this same issue again and we restarted our docker virtual instance.

It keeps frustrating that after purchase of valid license file we are facing this kind of issue.

If the license file is invalid and it has subscription issue than why it is not throwing any sign during server start when we are loading.

Loading any file either this way (servletContext.getResourceAsStream ) or my way both are same. At the end we are passing input stream object in set license method. It is does not matter how you load.

There should be no issue. Because you are using the API ‘License.setLicense(InputStream stream)’ to set license, if the provided stream is valid, there should be no issue.

Moreover, please read the license file into byte array, validate the bytes (important step, e.g. log the byte length, or log the bytes data), then provide ‘ByteArrayInputStream(byte buf[])’ to our API ‘License.setLicense(InputStream stream)’,

Then run (Do not debug, there may be different behavior between Run and Debug) it on your production environment. Finally, check the byte length and byte data in the log.

Let us know your feedback.

As per your suggestion I have made the changes. Code and logs snapshot are attached with this issue.
I am deploying these changes on my docker virtual box.

Log.JPG (92.4 KB)
Code.JPG (56.9 KB)

@nbeck,
Thank you for the feedback. We are analyzing this information and will share our feedback after analysis.

Hi All, Any update on it.?

@nbeck,

Could you please elaborate if you mean that you are still encountering the exception (‘You are using an evaluation copy and have opened files exceeding limitation’) with the new code on your production environment?

I am deploying this changes on my production env. I want to confirm that this is the way you want me to upload license fie.

@nbeck,
We have shared these steps with you because we only needed to make sure the byte array set to our License is a valid license file byte array. Moreover, you can also try to log ‘Workbook.isLicensed()’ after every Workbook initialization to check whether all ‘Workbook.isLicensed()’ are ‘true’.

Now when we have checked and ensured that a valid license file is set on your production environment, we hope you will not face the problem again. In case it occurs, let us know your feedback.

Workbook.isLicensed()

I added this check as well. It is coming true right now. Let wait till we reach the max count which I think 50 to open excel workbook.

@nbeck,
Sure, we will wait for your feedback.