We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

License not working after update

I bought Aspose.Total for a lot of money.

I bought it when the version was 16.4.0.
Now i tried to update to 18.6.0.

But now i get evaluation message in PDF output when converting from DOCX.

I am correctly loading the license file.

Am i unable to update until i pay for an update?

Thanks

@benzoid,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please remove old license from your application and make sure that you are using new license.

Please use License.IsLicensed property to check either valid license has been applied or not. If you are using multiple Aspose product, please set the license as shown below.

Aspose.Words.License lic = new Aspose.Words.License();
lic.SetLicense(@"C:\license\Aspose.Total.lic");

Aspose.BarCode.License licBorder = new Aspose.BarCode.License();
licBorder.SetLicense(@"C:\license\Aspose.Total.lic");

@tahir.manzoor

Can you elaborate on how to get a new license file?

Do i have to repay for updates etc?

I just wanted to update the software but it does not recognize the license.

I have an original license file supplied by an intermediary (software distributor).

Thanks

@benzoid,

Please open your existing license (.lic) file with Notepad (but do not edit or re-save it) and check the subscription expiry date. If the license expiry date is greater than 04 July, 2018 (release date of 18.7 version) then you can freely upgrade to 18.7 version of Aspose.Words. if not, then you will have to buy a new license to be able to use latest version of Aspose.Words. For renewing/upgrading a licence subscription, please contact our sales team via Aspose.Purchase forum.

Moreover, you can freely upgrade to a Aspose.Words version that is released on or before the subscription expiry date of your existing license.

My license file says 20170721 so i would assume i have to buy a new license.

Is that correct?

@benzoid,

Yes, you need to renew license to be able to use latest version of Aspose.Words. For renewing/upgrading a licence subscription, please contact our sales team via Aspose.Purchase forum.