We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

License run out disclaimer when it should not

We are using Aspose.word in our sharepoint solution (deployed in .net assembly part of SharePoint package) and for a while now, we are getting a disclaimer telling that the license run out. We have checked the web.config and it has the followin entry:

<SubscriptionExpiry>20111125</SubscriptionExpiry&gt

So, it is a HTML enconded XML entry telling that the Expiration should only happen on November 25th 2011. So, why do we keep getting the "run out" message?

Thanks,

/Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your request. Actually even after expiration date, Aspose.Words should not throw such exception. Such exception can be thrown only if you upgraded to the version of Aspose.Words that was released after expiration date of your license.

Did you used a temporary license when have evaluated Aspose.Words? Maybe somewhere in your project the evaluation license is still used and that is why you started to get this exception.

Best regards,

Thanks for your prompty reply. This is a type of project that I've inhired from someone else and I am not sure what and how it has been done when moving from evaluation to licensed version. What would be the steps to find if the evaluation license is still being used?

It is strange that such a disclaimer was not appearing a couple of months ago. Nothing has really been changed on this area, that could point the solution back to an evaluation license.

I don't have full access to our production servers and it would be nice to send to my operations team a sort of check list, to make sure we have set it correctly.

Appreciate very much your help.

Best regards,

/Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for additional information. First of all, you should find the code where you apply the license and check the path from where the license is applied. Then check the license file in the specified path and make sure this license is a valid one.

Best regards,

My code has just one reference to a lic file.

license.SetLicense(Server.MapPath("/_layouts/1033/APROM/UserControles/Aspose.Words.lic")

And this file has the following format/content...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>


[ENTRY REMOVED]
Developer Enterprise Subscription
Limited to 1 developer.
[ENTRY REMOVED]
This is a redistributable license

Aspose.Words

Enterprise
[ENTRY REMOVED]
20111125
2.2

[ENTRY REMOVED]

* As you can probably guess I have replaced some of the values with the [ENTRY REMOVED] place holder.

Does it tell you anything?

Thanks,

/Fernando

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Your license looks fine. Have you tried setting the license in a separate application? Just to test it, try creating a simple console application, where you set the license and generate a simple “Hello World” document using Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

Thanks and I am sorry for the late reply. I did make a console applicationa and it generate the word file without the disclaimer message. If I remove the piece of code that points to the .lic file, then I can reproduce the behavior. So, it seems that, for some reason, the license is not been set correctly. I am doing a bunch of tests and will update you with my findings.

Thanks,

/Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for additional information. For testing purposes, you can try setting the license right before generating document. It is not recommended to set license several times, but this should work if the license is valid.

Best regards,