License working with older versions

Hello! We have recently bought new licenses for aspose words and pdf. We need to run older versions of words (6.4.0.0) and pdf (4.0.0.0) and are having trouble using the license files. Do we need modified license files for those versions?

Hello Peter,

Thanks for using our products.

I am afraid you might not be able to able to use the new license with old release versions of Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Words. Please try using the latest release versions and in case you encounter any issues, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, In recent release versions, almost all the features/functionalities of older versions have been incorporated and we hope they should be working in new versions.

Hello

We would really appreciate if you could send us license files corresponding to versions:

aspose.pdf 4.0.0.0

aspose.words 6.4.0.0

Using the new versions will require substantial re-coding for us to make it work, and the current project should be retired soon and we dont want to put in too much work into that one if possible.

Waiting for your positive answer.

Regards

Peter

peter.ekh@valderas.se:
We would really appreciate if you could send us license files corresponding to versions:
aspose.pdf 4.0.0.0
aspose.words 6.4.0.0

Hello Peter,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Just to share that I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team and for
your particular request on license file, I have intimated the sales team
to look into this matter.

peter.ekh@valderas.se:
Using the new versions will require substantial re-coding for us to make it work, and the current project should be retired soon and we don’t want to put in too much work into that one if possible

I am not entirely certain about the changes/New features introduced in Aspose.Words since the release of v6.4.0 but from Aspose.Pdf perspective, the recent major change that we have introduced in our product is related to merging of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (pre 6.0) and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. However in this new release, we have tried our level best to ensure that the code related to legacy release should work in this new version. Please visit the following link for information on Migration from Aspose.Pdf Pre-6.x

In case of any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience

Hi

Thanks for your request. No, there were no breaking changes in API. So you will not need to rewrite your code.

Please feel free to ask if you encounter any issues, we are always glad to help you.

Best regards,

Hello Again

when we use the new versions, it does not work and the reason is there are new arguments that are required for a lot of the functions.

Why cant you just send us the license files and then the problem will be solved?

Best regards

peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your request. We simply cannot do this due to security policies. We are here to provide technical supports.

All question regarding licenses are processed by our sales team. Nayyer already asked our colleagues from sales team to help you.

Best regards,

Thanks. Sorry I didnt understood that the issue was passed on to the sales team.

Do I need to do anything, eg contact the sales team. Or do you have any idea when they will get back to us. This is rather critical for us.

Thanks for your support

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your request. You can contact our sales team directly in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Best regards,

Hi Peter,

Please accept my apologies for not having replied earlier.

I noticed that there are a number of different orders registered to your account and I wasn’t certain as to which license you wish to receive again. So, please visit Purchase Portal after signing in to your Aspose account and select ‘View My Orders’ option for downloading the license files of any of your orders as required.

Please feel free to use the same approach in future for accessing the license or invoice files of your previous orders. I hope this information helps but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask.