Licensing for Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.0.0

If we currently have licenses for Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java and Aspose.Pdf for Java do these cover licensing for the newly combined Aspose.Pdf. for Java 4.0.0 or do we need a new License file for that? I’m running the new *.jar files in my project and it seems to be running in evaluation mode even though I am referencing the current license for Aspose.Pdf. Please advise.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for contacting support.

If your existing licenses of Aspose.Pdf for Java or Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java are valid (license expiry date is less than the release date of autoported Aspose.Pdf for Java), then the new release should be authenticated with these licenses. However as per your statement, you are facing issue while initializing the licenses. Please ensure that you are using following code lines to initialize the license for autoported MergedAPI release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.0.0.

[Java]

com.aspose.pdf.License license = new com.aspose.pdf.License();<o:p></o:p>

license.setLicense(“c:\Aspose.Total.lic”);

In case the problem still persists, please share the license files so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

I have sent a separate email regarding this issue with our current license files attached. We only have licenses for Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit, not for Aspose.Total. I assumed the Aspose.Pdf license would work with the upgraded *.jar. Please let us know as soon as possible how or proceed as we need to do testing on a time critical project. Thank you.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for sharing the license file.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-33463. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

With issue we can no longer process files in a production environment. We need immediate resolution. Please Respond to linda.benedict@thomsonreuters.com with a response today - 5/3/2013. This is unacceptable as our production system is down as a result of this issue.

Hi Linda,

We are working on resolving the issue and will try to get it resolved ASAP.

Besides this, since the new autoported release contains two jar files (one for legacy Aspose.pdf for Java and one is for autoported Aspose.Pdf for Java), so my understanding is that your application in production is based on legacy Aspose.Pdf for Java and the license file should work with that release (as it used to be working before this release). In my earlier post, I have found that the license file which you have shared is not being validated with autoported aspose.pdf-new-4.0.0.jar but the other aspose.pdf-3.3.0.jdk1x.jar should work with this license file.

Please note that in order to initialize the license for legacy Aspose.Pdf for Java (aspose.pdf-3.3.0.jdk1x.jar), you need to try using following code snippet.
[Java]
aspose.pdf.License javalic_ = new aspose.pdf.License();
javalic_.setLicense(new FileInputStream(“Aspose.Pdf.lic”));

Whereas the license validation for new autoported Aspose.Pdf for Java (aspose.pdf-new-4.0.0.jar) is performed using following code snippet.
[Java]
com.aspose.pdf.License newjavalic = new com.aspose.pdf.License();
newjavalic.setLicense(“Aspose.Total.Product.Family.lic”);

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer, we do not have the license you are referencing for the aspose.pdf-new-4.0.0.jar (Aspose.Total.Product.Family.lic). I assumed since this is considered an upgraded version of Aspose.Pdf for Java that our existing license (Aspose.Pdf.lic) would work. I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect that we would need to purchase a completely different license as we’ve already purchased the Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit licenses. Can a valid license file please be provided to us that will work with the new *.jar file?

treuters:
Hi Nayyer, we do not have the license you are referencing for the aspose.pdf-new-4.0.0.jar (Aspose.Total.Product.Family.lic). I assumed since this is considered an upgraded version of Aspose.Pdf for Java that our existing license (Aspose.Pdf.lic) would work. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that we would need to purchase a completely different license as we've already purchased the Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit licenses. Can a valid license file please be provided to us that will work with the new *.jar file?
Hi Linda,

The new autoported release is an upgraded version and your current Aspose.Pdf.lic file should work with this release. However as shared earlier, the new release encountered issues during license validation and the problem has already been reported to development team. We will try our level best to get this problem fixed ASAP and in case the resolution requires some extra time, I will try to get a new valid license for you.

Meanwhile, you may continue testing the autoported release in trail mode. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately we are unable to even test with the trial version as it only allows for processing of up to 4 elements in a PDF file and our PDFs are more complex than that. Due to that, I’m unable to determine if the upgraded version will fix our current Production issues which we had with the older version. We would greatly appreciate a quick resolution to this.

Hi Linda,

I have asked my fellow workers from Sales team to generate a temporary license for new Aspose.Pdf for Java so that you can test the product without any limitations. Soon you will be provided with the required information. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your request.

You can obtain a 30 day temporary license at Step 4 of our online Pricing Wizard. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Shelia

We have applied for and recieved the temporary Aspose.Pdf.lic file this morning. However when attempting to test with it I get the same error message as we were getting with our original Aspose.Pdf.lic as follows:

class com.aspose.ms.System.H: At most 4 elements (for any collection) can be viewed in evaluation mode.

We need a fully operating license file, not an evaluation license file do perform our testing with.

Hi Linda,

The development team has been able to resolve the issue related to license and currently we are testing the latest build. Soon you will be provided with the latest build. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi Linda,

Please try using the attached latest build of autoported Aspose.Pdf for Java. During our testing, it’s been observed that this new build works fine with licenses of legacy Aspose.Pdf for Java as well as it works with Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java licenses.

In case you still face the same issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thank you. We have tested with the attached new *.jar file and that does seem to resolve the licensing issue. We are referencing Aspose.Pdf.lic and see no issues so far.