Lightweight JAR

Hi folks,

we have been using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Metafiles for Java in production for years now. Since Aspose.Metafiles has been merged into Aspose.Imaging in 2014, we had to upgrade to Aspose.Imaging 17.4 recently. Although we appreciate all the features here, we still only use the metafiles functionality. However, the library upgrade forced us to deploy a 17 MB JAR with ~12000 classes (compared to 0.2 MB with 260 classes before), resulting in significantly slower startup times of our app servers (I assume due to classloading) and higher memory consumption.

Now my question: As we only use a few percent of the library’s functionality, is there somewhere a stripped down version of Aspose.Imaging that only contains metafiles? Or can we strip it down ourselves without running into technical or licensing issues? Any experience? Thanks for any hints.

Best, Markus

Hi Markus,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that what you have requested is less likely and may not be possible. However, I have still added an issue with ID IMAGINGJAVA-718 in our issue tracking system for our product team to investigate the possibility of implementing requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the feedback will be shared by our product team.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.