Limitations for PDF documents created with Aspose.PDF

Hello,

are there any limitations regarding dimensions of a PDF document created with Aspose.Net.PDF?

I’m trying to convert a very large XPS Document into a PDF using the following code.

using (var pdf = new Document(source, new XpsLoadOptions()))
{
pdf.Save(file);
}

The XPS document itself is about 130 MB file size (containing many images) and the dimensions are about 180.000 x 80.000 units. I did a test which takes very very long time with an average memory usage of about 1 GB ram and about 35% CPU consumption on an iCore 5. The result is a blank page.

If I know the limitations, maybe I can scale down the XPS to the maximum dimension.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting support.

There are no limitations in terms of size and dimensions of source XPS or other file formats when using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Can you please upload the source XPS to some FTP and share the link so that we can test the conversion at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks for your answer,

I can’t share the XPS because of confidential information, but I created an example with dimensions restricted to 9600 units and containing no images.

The conversion to PDF takes several minutes on my machine and the result this time isn’t a blank page but the output is not correct.

I’ve attached the XPS and the converted PDF and try to create an example which will produce an blank output.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same issues. For the sake of correction, I have logged them in our issue tracking system as

• PDFNEWNET-36887 - Conversion process takes too much time (around 4 minutes)
  • PDFNEWNET-36888 - Resultant PDF is not correct

in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello,

is there any progress regarding these issues? We continously have to handle customer complaints
and we’ve bought this product because of the advertised functionallity of XPS to PDF conversion.

Best regards

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your patience.<o:p></o:p>

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the issue reported earlier is not yet resolved. Nevertheless, your concerns have been shared with development team and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little more time.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.