We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Limitations of Demo version

Received : 2007/10/30 08:03:42
Message : 2 problems whilst evaluating which may be due to limitations of eval download version
My requirement is primarily converting docs to plain text format

1. Long documents are truncated (seem only to be able to get about 8k of text back)
  2. I have a DOCX file that can be read by MS-Word and other tools but is defined be your product as corrupt. The actual message in the catch block is “The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.”

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi
Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.

1. Evaluation version of Aspose.Words (without a license specified) provides full product functionality, but it injects an evaluation watermark at the top of the document on open and save and limits the maximum document size to several hundred paragraphs.
  2. Please, attach this file here. I will investigate this problem and provide you more information. Also note that export/import of DOCX files is currently in beta.
    Best regards.

Hi Alexey
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly
I have attached a copy of a DOCX file that will not open

Hi,
Thank you for reporting to us. I managed to reproduce the problem. This is known issue # 3982. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). Also note that export/import of DOCX files is currently in beta.
Best regards.

I’ve tested your document on our latest code base and it works fine. We will make a release soon and you will be notified.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.
The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.