Limitations with the FontSettions.setFontsFolder method in Java

I can set the font directory to a location that has been created on a server and is available to me through ///Fonts when I run the application locally. But the problem occurs when I run my Java application on a linux server which does not have access to this directory since the linux request does not have a user associated with it.

The reason I have a fonts folder set up on a different server is because it’s a Windows server with the Calibri font. We do no have a license for Calibri to be used on anything other than a Windows server. This is why I have to use the Calibri font located on a different server.

The FontSettings.setFontsFolder method works fine when I run the application on my local tomcat server and pointing to the directory ///Fonts. This is because when my server tries to access ///Fonts it sends my windows username with it. I can access the ttf files on the correct server through Samba calls but this is useless since the FontSettings.setFontsFolder only accepts a file path.

Is there any way to send a username with the font path? Or is there a way I can give the font files to aspose to use (since I could just retrieve them from the right server using samba calls)?

Hi Brannan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We understand your situation and we apologise for any inconvenience. In the next version of Aspose.Words we will provide further members to the FontSettings class to allow you to supply font resources from any location (including passing the font data to Aspose.Words directly).

The next version of Aspose.Words will be released at the end of the month so I’m afraid there is still a bit of a wait yet. We will inform you as soon as it’s released.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3639) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(24)