Text formatting is wrong when exporting RDL to PPTX

We are running different inputs against an rdl, which is then fetching text fields from a query and filling textboxes in the report. We have specified padding, indents, and have specified line height to be equal to the font size in the text boxes. When we export to PPTX, sometimes the text boxes are single spaced, sometimes the paragraphs in the PPTX textboxes are Multiple-line spaced at .93 , sometimes the textboxes are Multiple-line spaced at 1.50, or some other value.
Is there a way to ensure that when exporting the RDL to PPTX, the line spacing in the paragraph remains Single Spaced?

@obmohamad,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for your query. To investigate this issue, please share the following:

• the RPL files generated by Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services
  • the PDF file representing the expected result (must not have been created by Aspose.Slides)
  • the version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services you used
  • the version of the operating system on which the errors appear

Please look at the next article: Exporting Reports to RPL format

Thanks for getting back to me Andrey. Please see the attached PDF. For confidentiality reasons, I had to replace the text with dummy data but the spacing discrepancy between PPTX and the PDF text is still visible. Unfortunately, I’m prevented from uploading the RPL here as well as the Aspose generated PPTX where the issue is occurring, the sections Program Description and Program Condition Commentary have multiple spacing of 1.5 lines whereas High Level Accomplishments and Next Steps have multiple line spacing of 1.13 lines.
image.png (27.1 KB)

program_scorecard_hardcoded.pdf (330.5 KB)

• We’re seeing this issue in PowerPoint 2013 on Windows 10 Operating Systems.
  • The Version of Aspose we’re using is V21.4

@obmohamad,
Thank you for the additional information.

You can compress these files to a ZIP archive and upload one.

Thanks for the tip Andrey. Please see the attached ZIP with additional evidence:
program_scorecard_hardcoded.zip (427.6 KB)

@obmohamad,
Thank you for the additional data. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESRS-33648. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when it is fixed.

Great! Thank you for passing that along to the development team @Andrey_Potapov.

Wanted to follow up here. Are there any updates about this issue?

@obmohamad,
I requested an estimated time to fix this issue from our development team. I will let you know as soon as possible.

@obmohamad,
Our development team investigated the issue. The text is stretched in the table cells for smooth displaying. Therefore, the line spacing is not constant in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. How critical is this text behavior for you to fix?

Hi Andrey - My apologies for the late reply. After consulting with the team product owner, standardized line spacing in the PPTX export of an RDL with Aspose Slides is critical behavior for our business users.

@obmohamad,
Thank you for the reply. I passed your information to our development team.

@Andrey_Potapov - Thank you, I appreciate your and the dev team’s efforts in investigating this issue. Do you know if there is an ETA as to if / when the dev team will be able to provide a resolution or option for standardized line spacing in the PPTX export that matches that in the RDL?

@obmohamad,
A fix for this issue has been planned for the release of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 21.7.

@obmohamad,
In version 21.7, configuration options have been added for each of the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services extensions (ASPPT, ASPPTX, etc.). These configuration parameters are located in the configuration file of the SSRS itself (rsreportserver.config). Currently, the list of parameters is limited to two parameters: TextInTables and HyperlinkColor.

TextInTables parameter controls the placement of text within table cells and can be “Spread” and “Normal”. These values allow to propagate the text across the table cell for better text presentation and to display the text in the cells as it is defined about the report, respectively. By default, this parameter is set to “Spread”.

The second HyperlinkColor parameter allows you to force the display color of hyperlinks in the presentation. This value is specified in hexadecimal form and corresponds to the constituent elements of the ARGB color, which is preceded by a “0x” format indicator, for example, for black this value will be defined as 0xFF000000, blue - 0xFF0000FF, etc. By default, the HyperlinkColor parameter is set to “Default” which corresponds to the color specified by the presentation theme color.

Thus, to display text in table cells with its original parameters, set the TextInTables parameter to “Normal” in the configuration file:

<TextInTables>Normal</TextInTables>

Hi @Andrey_Potapov - Thank you for getting back to me and for the detailed explanation.
One more question - do you know if Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services Version 21.7 is already available for download? If not could you let me know when it would be available? When I last checked, the latest version available for download was 21.6.

@obmohamad

Please keep checking the following documentation section and it is likely to get available during second or third part of July.

Understood. Thank you for the heads-up @mudassir.fayyaz.

Hllo @mudassir.fayyaz - I attempted installation of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 21.7. The rsreportserver.config file was updated with the time of installation. However, I could not find these two parameters: TextInTables, HyperlinkColor.
I also checked this section of the rsreportserver.config file:
image.png (5.5 KB)

Were those parameters in fact included as part of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 21.7?

@obmohamad,
I will answer you as soon as possible.