We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Link Source DataSource vs. OriginalDataSource vs. Excel=>Data => Edit links

Hi Aspose team,

when I check attached document and go to Data => Edit Links I see link like:

“S:\IT\01 Intern\Oliver…”

If I go to xl\externalLinks_rels I see Target="\IT\01%20Intern\Oliver…"
If I debug document I am getting:

Data Source = “C:\IT\01 Intern\Oliver…”
Original Data Source = “\IT\01 Intern\Oliver…”

Where comes value shown in Excel => Data => Edit Links with drive S?

I uploaded small project for you to recreate this easily and also Word document with screenshots to cover all 3 scenarios.

LInkSourcesSDrive.zip (303.4 KB)

Mainly I am interested where this S:\ comes in Excel as I am not able to find it in Excel XML structure.

Thanks,
Oliver

@dr_oli,

Thanks for providing us sample project and details.

Well, we think MS Excel shows “S” drive which refers to that you open the Excel file from “S” drive on your system, it is MS Excel behavior. I got “E…” as I copied your project (with resource files) into “E” drive’s folder and then opened the Excel file into MS Excel from there.

Also, I got the results using your project with template file:
ExternalLink.DataSource: “C:\IT\01 Intern\Oliver\Apahida\IP range.xlsx”
ExternalLink.DataSource: "\IT\01 Intern\Oliver\Apahida\IP range.xlsx"

You may set the file name as per your needs (if you want) after opening the file via Aspose.Cells APIs:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook.FileName = "S:\IP range.xlsx";

Thank you.

Hi,

problem is that documents on my computer are on D drive so I would expect to see D but not S.
S is what my customer is having in his network.

BR,
Oliver

@dr_oli,

We were able to observe this issue as per your description and the following screenshot. The screenshot shows that MS-Excel shows S:\ drive even though, it was opened in F:\ drive.

Screenshot:

We have logged the issue in our database for product team investigation. We will look into it and see if we could find what causes this issue and update you asap.

This issue has been logged CELLSNET-45470.

@dr_oli,

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

Thanks works now :slight_smile:
Btw. I did not receive notification that you updated the ticket :frowning:

BR,
Oliver

@dr_oli,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version.

Regarding you did not receive notification mail for the thread, well, we were in the migration process (we were moving older forum posts into new Discourse forums) in the last few weeks. Due to this migration activity, some notification posts were missed. This process is completed now.

Should you have any further query or comment, feel free to post.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45470) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45470) have been fixed in this update.

@dr_oli,

We recommend you to kindly try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.8.1:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.8.1 (.NET 2.0)
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.8.1 (.NET 4.0)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.