Links from shape to sheet in file are destroyed/removed after upgrade from 22.5 to .22.6.1

Ater upgrading aspose cells from 22.5 to .22.6.1 links on shapes to a sheet in the same excel file are removed when opening an existing Excel file updating data in a sheet and saving as a new file.

2022-06-20_11-22-25.png (22.7 KB)

@mortenma,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Could you please zip and attach your input Excel file. Also, share your sample code (runnable) that you are using on updating data and re-saving the file. We will check your issue soon.

This is the code. Source files and produced files attached.

var path = @"c:\Desktop\Book1.xlsx";
  var filename = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(path);
  var workbook = new Workbook(path);
  workbook.Save(path.Replace(filename, $"{filename}-{DateTime.Now.Minute}"));

excel-files.zip (33.4 KB)

@mortenma,

Thanks for the template file.

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by re-saving your template XLSX file. I found links from shape to sheet in file are removed using the newer version of Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.6.1. The output file itself looks corrupted or some xml records are removed from it. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-51417” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thanks Amjad. I rolled back the upgrade and stay on 22.5.0 for now.

@mortenma,

Alright, you may use it for the time being. We will keep you posted with new updates or once the next version is released.

@mortenma,

This is to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-51417”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in the (upcoming) release (Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.7), which is scheduled to be published in the second week of July 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-51417) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi