LINQ Reporting Engine - Column chart does not support different color for negative value

Attached the template i am using and where i am using font : Arial Narrow i dont see anywhere i a using “Fonwood” and even dont see this font in html files. So could you please let me know from where you get this font.

M_Equity_Domestic_JB_AsposeTest_Template.docx (5.2 MB)

@aspwanupsinha Yes, you are right, your document does not use Fonwood. This font is embedded into Aspose.Words and is used as a last resort font, when Aspose.Words cannot font an alternative font for rendering document. Please try implementing IWarningCallback to get a notification when Aspose.Words performs font substitution. This will get you a hint what font is missed.

Hi Team,
I tested it out its not a font issue, the issue with chars (“ ” and ’ ) which are not supported by aspose at Unix/Linux env probably. Our Application is hosted in Google App engine conatiner and their we seeing this issue and in local its working fine.

For example test with this example string in aspose word with linq placeholder
Sample string : Tet’s Testin’g “F”und

attaches the output screenshot gainst the above test below -

Please share some idea how we can fix this, as due to this issue only we are unable to promote our code in higher env.

@aspwanupsinha Unfortunately, I still cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Here is test code I have used in Linux:

String test = "Tet’s Testin’g “F”und";

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.write("<<[test]>>");

ReportingEngine engine = new ReportingEngine();
engine.buildReport(doc, test, "test");

doc.save("/temp/out_linux.pdf");

Here is the produced output: out_linux.pdf (10.2 KB)

Could you please make sure the string is properly read from the data source and and the passes string contains proper characters. This looks like string encoding issue.

I have managed to produce incorrect output if read the string from file without specifying the encoding:

String test = new String(Files.readAllBytes(Paths.get("/temp/test.txt")));

out_linux_bad.pdf (11.1 KB)

But the output is correct if specify correct encoding:

String test = new String(Files.readAllBytes(Paths.get("/temp/test.txt")), StandardCharsets.UTF_8);

we are using JsonDataSource here, how to add correct encoding?

String data = {} // json data
InputStream jsonIS = new ByteArrayInputStream(data.getBytes());
JsonDataLoadOptions options = new JsonDataLoadOptions();
options.setSimpleValueParseMode(1);
JsonDataSource jsonDataSource=new JsonDataSource(jsonIS,options);

// Create a Reporting Engine.
ReportingEngine engine = new ReportingEngine();
engine.setOptions(ReportBuildOptions.ALLOW_MISSING_MEMBERS);  
engine.buildReport(doc, jsonDataSource);

@aspwanupsinha We have managed to reproduce the problem with JsonDataSource.
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSJAVA-2868

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

do we have nay update on Issue ID(s): WORDSJAVA-2868
as we started getting ? for ® char/symbol.

@aspwanupsinha Unfortunately there are no news regarding WORDSJAVA-2868. The issue is currently in the queue for analysis. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at it shortly. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

we are using your licensed product for one of our key deliveries and for us this becomes a major issue, So I would request please look into this issue asap…

@aspwanupsinha We will keep you updated and let you know once the issue is resolved or we have more information for you. Once again, please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

do we have any alternate way to fix this now as we need to present this higher team?
Note we are getting ? against symbol - ® ™

@aspwanupsinha Unfortunately, there is no workaround of this issue yet. The issue is currently in analysis. Once analysis is done we will provide you a fix or propose a workaround.

Do we have any update on this? If this is still in analysis phase could you please take this as an priority item in your list that will be very helpful for us and our delivery… and just for info we already using licensed version of aspose word.

@aspwanupsinha We already had raised priority of the issue to High and scheduled it for development in 23.8 version of Aspose.Words. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

do you guys have any timeline for 23.8 release?

@aspwanupsinha 23.8 version of Aspose.Words will be released in the first half of August 2023.

1 Like

Hi Team, any tentative date when 23.8 version will be available for use?

@aspwanupsinha, the 23.8 version for .NET has been already released and is available for downloading. The Java version will be available one or two weeks later.

hi Team,
Any update?

@aspwanupsinha Aspose.Words for Java 23.8 version is already released and is available from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java/