LINQ Reporting Engine - Empty Row gets added in table having merged cells row

I am trying to create word docx template which can be converted actual output with LINQ Reporting Engine.
I am creating a table as below:

1. First row is column header
  2. Second row has columns with values
  3. Third row has only one cell with some data from same dataset row
  4. Fourth row has only one cell with static text
  5. Third and Fourth row has merged cells
  6. With each record in dataset, all these rows including header should be repeating with records from dataset.

Issue is: If I kept the foreach ending in fourth row, then fourth row is not repeating for each record.
If I created new row and added foreach ending there then row is repeating which is correct but it additionally add empty row at the end of the table.

Please see attached image for table design.
Word Template-Table Row Issue.png (13.2 KB)

@vitaminniy,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

AsposeTestConsole.zip (37.7 KB)

Please find the attached Zip for console application.
It also contains input template document and output document generated by Console.

Since Size was too much, I have deleted binaries and package from this folder.
But rebuilding this console should work perfectly.

@vitaminniy,

Thanks for sharing the detail. In your case, we suggest you please split the last row of table into two cells and insert the foreach closing tag (<</foreach>>) in last cell of row. We have modified the template document and attached it with this post for your kind reference. POCExample_Template_RowIssue.zip (13.9 KB)

Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi:
This solution of creating extra cell in last row did not resolve the issue correctly.
In this case, though it is NOT creating extra row at bottom but keeping extra cell in last row of repeating table structure which I don’t want.
This is definitely a bug.
I have used your modified template document and generated the output which is attached here.

Please take a look.
POCExample_Template_RowIssue_OUTPUT.zip (13.1 KB)

@psluzhevsky,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-15776. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@psluzhevsky,

Please use the attached modified template document to get the desired output. Hope this helps you. POCExample_Template_RowIssue_Modified.zip (13.4 KB)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Remove empty pages with linq reporting engine

@psluzhevsky,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15776) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.1 update.
Please also check the following articles: