Update Chart X-Axis with superscript value using .NET

Hello,

I want to ask if its possible to create a chart template including x axis category names and provide data from c#.
Currently what happens is c# passes data which has names for category on x axis, so is there any way i can define the category names in template only, so that the end user can update the template on their own .

Please let me know if its feasible.

Regards,
Jatin

@jnkompelli

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. Could you please share sample input and expected output documents here for our reference? We will then log this feature according to your requirement.

Hi Tahir,

I checked with the user and confirmed the exact requirement which is as follows:

Once chart is created from c# where it fetches chart col names from database , so lets say 3 col are created in a chart as “Equity” , “Other” ,“1st lien” , the user want to have the ability to edit these names say like Equity 1.2 where 1.2 will be superscript.

I have attached the template and output chart and you can see the output chart col names cant be edited. Also when i do edit data in excel it shows the template data with linq and not the output chart data , where i can edit the col names.

ChartTemplate_out.zip (64.1 KB)

Regards,
Jatin

@jnkompelli

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have logged new feature request to update chart X-Axis with superscript value as WORDSNET-20354 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@jnkompelli

It is to inform you that we have closed this issue with Won’t Fix resolution.

There is no way to insert superscript value in Chart X-Axis, what you see it is special character \x2078 SUPERSCRIPT EIGHT. You can use them using current Aspose.Words API. Please check the following code example:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

// Add chart with default data.
Shape shape = builder.InsertChart(ChartType.Line, 432, 252);
Chart chart = shape.Chart;
chart.Title.Text = "Test Chart";

// Delete default generated series.
chart.Series.Clear();

// Add new series
ChartSeries series0 = chart.Series.Add(
    "AW Series 1",
    new string[] { "Category 1\x2074\x2075", "Category 2\x2076\x2077", "Category 3\x2078\x2079", "Category 4\x2070" },
    new double[] { 2.5, 1.5, 3.5, 2.5 });

doc.Save("out.docx");

Please find full table of these chars from here.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20354) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.