List formatting not retained when accepting tracked change

We are having an issue with retaining the formatting of tracked changes for lists in doc format. In docx it’s working fine. We start with a list like the following, as a tracked change:

Formated list:
              1. One
              2. Two
                     a. Item a
                     b. Item b
                           i) Roman i
                           ii) Roman ii

Then we have Aspose accept all revisions. If the original file is docx, then the formatting is retained. However, if it is doc, then the formatting is lost, and the list looks like this:

Formated list:
1.              One
2.              Two
a.                     Item a
b.                     Item b
i)                              Roman i
ii)                             Roman ii

We are using aspose-words-jdk16. Has anyone had a similar issue? Is there any solution available?

@vladism

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a simple Java application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

@tahir.manzoor

Please find the requested items attached in the zip
The only thing missing is the Aspose license file - the program will throw an exception without this file. The file should be placed directly in the src directory and named Aspose.Total.Java.lic

For clarification: the portion causing the undesired behavior is at the very end of the document - it’s the formatted list inserted as a tracked change

Aspose-Accept-Tracked-Changes.zip (6.9 MB)

@vladism

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19608. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Document.AcceptAllRevisions changes the list position

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19608) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.12 update.