We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

List xml elements not translated to word properly

Help understanding how an xml list is pulled into Aspose obejects and translated back out to word.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. List items are simple Paragraphs in Aspose.Words DOM. You can check if a paragraph has bulleted or numbered formatting applied to it using ListFormat.IsListItem Property. You can also extract such paragraphs from one document and paste in other document using Aspose.Words. I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Not really.

I need to know the entire structure that is formed in Aspose when xml like below is translated to Aspose objects.

• Item 1
  • Item 2
  • Item 3
  • Item 4

• Cause the output I’m getting taking the Aspose translated and placing back into word is the items bulleted but each one is treated as it’s own separate list. I then have to “in word” select the “Join to Previous List” option. Only then the list in word is all together.

I have no clue how this structure is setup and how to manipulate it since I want all of my list items when translated to word to be part of the same list not separate lists.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. The items ‘Item 1’ ~ ‘Item 4’ will be imported as four paragraphs in Aspose.Words’ DOM and latest version of Aspose.Words 14.11.0 correctly formats all these paragraphs with a single list. Please see attached output document. Also, you can view the structure of Word document using the DocumentExplorer project:
    http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Document+Tree+Navigation

Best regards,