Listbox-callouts /comments missing when excel is converted to pdf

Hi,

we are using aspose cells 7.5.0.3.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Check if the Print Area has been enabled for Listbox,callouts /comments.
i.e print preview should show Listbox,callouts /comments.

2. Convert the attached excel to pdf.

3. Check if there is any data loss with respect to Listbox,callouts /comments.

Actual Result:

The pdf generated has data loss for Listbox,callouts /comments . if we compare the
output with the output generated by MS Word , it doesn't match .
Many callouts /listbox and comments are missing in Aspose pdf.

Please find the screenshots and attachments.

Thanks & Regards,

Thirumurthy R

Hi,

Please download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.1.2 it works fine with it.

I have tested with it to convert your attached template Excel file to PDF and it works fine as per the print preview of the Excel sheet “Requirements”.

Thank you.

This is still not resolved. Tested with aspose.cells7.6.1 some callouts and comments are still not appearing in the pdf. Attacing the pdf.

Thanks,
Shikha

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.6.1.4 (aspose-cells-7.6.1.4-java.zip).

I have tested with it using your template file and sample code, it works fine. The output PDF (attached) is find without any issue.
e.g
Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“3SD-MUMS-00901.xls”);
workbook.save(“out3SD-MUMS-009011.pdf”);

Thank you.

Hi,

We are using the following code:
Workbook doc = new Workbook(“C:\test\source.xls”);
com.aspose.cells.PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new com.aspose.cells.PdfSaveOptions();
saveOptions.setImageType(ImageFormat.getPng());
doc.save(“c:\test\output.pdf”, saveOptions);

Now if we comment out the second line - saveOptions.setImageType(ImageFormat.getPng());
then the pdf is fine but with this line callouts comments are missing.

I want to understand why this line is causing the issue? All these days we were using this line of code. We cannot simply remove it as we dont know wat this line does and may create problems for some functionality in future.
Can you please help?

Thanks,
Shikha

Hi,

Well, I think you need to specify some vector image format type e.g Emf to show the comments/callouts etc. which are missing when you specify Png on the 4th page of the output PDF document, the Png image format type might not support it.

We recommend you to either remove this line “saveOptions.setImageType(ImageFormat.getPng());” (the component will by default specify Emf for image format type in the document with best quality) or specify Emf format type, see the line of code:
saveOptions.setImageType(ImageFormat.getEmf());

Thanks for your understanding!