ListLevel.GetEffectiveValue() method or equivalent using Aspose.Words 21.4

Hello,

I recently discovered in the Aspose.Words for .NET 21.9 Release Notes the method “GetEffectiveValue”.
I wanted to use this method to generate a collection of possible values for multiple NumberStyle, but I’m using Aspose.Words 21.4 and this method is not available yet.

Is there another way to achieve creating this? I at least need the numbering values (“1, 2, 3…” for Arabic, “A, B, C…” for UppercaseLetter etc…) and can do without the whole list value.

Best Regards.

@suze

Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 21.10 to use ListLevel.GetEffectiveValue method. We suggest you please read the detail of this method from here:

You can use this method as shown below.

var document = new Document();
Console.WriteLine(ListLevel.GetEffectiveValue(1, NumberStyle.LowercaseLetter, null));

The ListLevel.GetEffectiveValue method does not return this collection. Could you please share complete detail of your use case along with sample input Word document and expected output? We will then provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor

Thanks for the quick answer.
In fact, I wanted to do something like this for each needed number style:

List<string> lowercaseLetterValues = new List<string>();
for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++)
	lowercaseLetterValues.Add(ListLevel.GetEffectiveValue(i, NumberStyle.LowercaseLetter, null));

We can’t upgrade now to the latest version of Aspose.Words, so if it’s not possible using Aspose.Words 21.4 we will find a workaround.

Best Regards,

@suze

Please note that we do not provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. You need to upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 21.10 to use ListLevel.GetEffectiveValue method.