Lists with numberStyle ordinal text in spanish switches to English

Hi everyone,

I experiencing quite an annoying issue.

I am building a normal doc with word where I insert a new ordinal list in spanish, wich should be something like:

primero. first item
segundo. second item
tercero. third item

I save that document and I want to process it with aspose and save it the document as a pdf.

The thing is that when it converts it to pdf the list is changed to:
first. first item
second. second item
third. third item

so the listLabel labelString is translated from Spanish to English.
I have checked that the word document is created in Spanish. I have tried to go through the whole document seting lists listLabel and listFormat.listLevel fonts localeId to 3082 which is supossed to be Spanish, without results.

I am using 10.5 aspose jars

Thanks in an advance

May it be cause spanish is not supported until version 13.5 ?

I’ve just found some info about this…

if so… Is there any way to change manually label String?

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please also share a standalone/runnable simple Java application that demonstrates the code (Aspose.Words code) you used to generate your Word document.

Here is the example.

If I just get the doc byte array and create the doc, and save it as a PDF, it changes the list ordinal text to English.

Could it be an issue that was solved in 14.x version?

Thanks again!

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the detail. In your case, I suggest you please call Locale.setDefault method as shown in following code example to get the required output. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Locale currentCulture = Locale.getDefault();
Locale.setDefault(new Locale("es", "ES"));
Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "pruebaBullets.doc"); + "Out.pdf");

Hi Tahir,

This won’t work since my locale is already setted to Spanish.

Thanks again

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Perhaps, you are using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words v14.12.0, I am unable to reproduce this problem on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v14.12.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help. I have attached the output Pdf with this post for your kind reference.