Load HTML page via URL and save to PDF using C#

Hi,

I am looking for a component which can render an HTML page into a PDF via the URL. It needs to render the page correctly as we make full use of a wide range of HTML/CSS to ensure our documents look their best. We currently use ABCpdf but are experiencing some support issues.

I’ve asked this in the Aspose.Pdf forum as well because I’m not sure which product best supports this, and I know you like your questions to be in the correct Forum :slight_smile:

Questions:

1) Does Aspose.Words provide a full level of support for rendering HTML/CSS via a URL e.g. including images etc. Is it able to render a page that requires windows authentication. We tried this some years ago and it was missing a lot of CSS support.

2) Is there a code sample for this? I found the code sample where the HTML is passed in through a string, but here I am wanting to pass in a URL.

3) What render engine is used? IE? Proprietary? Other e.g. Gecko? Is it the same engine as used in Aspose.Pdf?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your inquiry.

First of all, to be able to load HTML page via URL, please try using the same approach as suggested in the following post:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/32403

Moreover, upon processing HTML, some features of HTML might be lost. You can find a list of limitations upon HTML exporting/importing here:
Saving a Document

Secondly, Aspose.Words has its own rendering engine that is used to layout document into pages upon rendering to various “fixed-page” formats, like PDF, XPS, SWF, besides the same rendering engine is used upon updating fields. Please follow the link for more information:

Rendering and Printing

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,