Load psd use much memory

Aspose Imaging for Java 17.9
Image.load(“C:/…/xxx.psd”, new PsdLoadOptions());

I tried a few PSD files, monitoring the JVM memory usage in JConsole. It uses memory 4 times of file size, e.g. around 1GB memory for a 243MB PSD file. Is there any way to reduce memory usage?

I also benchmark with ImageMagick. Its conversion program does not consume much memory.
convert.eve -resize 200x200 xxx.psd xxx.png

@psfung,

I have observed your comments. Can you please try to use Aspose.Imaging latest version 18.2 on your end and if there is still an issue than please share sample project along with environment details so that we can further investigate to help you out.

18.2 is the same. Write a main class with one statement
Image.load(“C:/…/xxx.psd”, new PsdLoadOptions());
When the main class is running (typical duration 10-20s), open JConsole to see memory usage.

I tried a few sources (i.e. websites that provide free PSD files), all have high memory usage (up to 4 times of file size).

@psfung,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that memory consumption depends upon number of content in file. Also please share sample file so that we may investigate issue on that file and help you out.

Please try this first

… and then the larger files in the same website.

@psfung,

I have worked with the source file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID IMAGINGJAVA-943 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed. We will share good news with you soon.