Loading HTML using Aspose.Cells API

I need to load HTML fragment and produce Excel XML string. I thought I would use this API calls: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/opening-files.html

It looks like I can’t load arbitrary HTML fragment using this method. Could you please advise?

Thank you in advance,
Moshe

Hi,

Well, using Aspose.Cells for Java, you can read Html files but the html files should be Excel oriented. For example to check this, you may create an html file in MS Excel and then use Aspose.Cells for Java to load that file. The common or general html files are not supported yet.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please post a sample file, we will check it soon.

One of the Aspose developers already noted that it has to be Excel oriented HTML. Are you suggesting you can handle any HTML fragment? If yes, I can definitely post few samples.

Please advise,
Moshe

Hi,

We can load the html file oriented by Excel.

If the html fragement is not too complex, we think we can support it too.

So we hope you can post some sample files, we will chek whether we can support your files.

I am facing the exactly similar issue.

Please find the attached sample html file. Please let me know if this kind of html can loaded by Aspose.Cells api and can be converted into Excel document.

Hi,

No, this file cannot be loaded using Aspose.Cells.

I loaded it with Ms-Excel, it displayed it with some modification and then I saved it in html format and it saved the html file in different display format.

Hi,

Please try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.3.4

There are still some issues in loading the sample.html file:

a) “
should be converted to " in the Cell A4
b) The value of the cell D135 should
be number.
c) column with.

We will continue working on them.

Hi,

Please try our latest fixed version (Aspose.Cells for Java): v7.0.3.4

Your issue should be fixed in the Java version as well.

Thank you.