Loading workbook containing image throws Exception

Hi,

I have a workbook (see attachment) that contains just 1 sheet with an image. Simply loading the workbook, throws a seemingly unrelated exception:

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at  ? (    ,  ?  )
   at  ? .(    ,  ?  )
   at  ? . (    ,  ?  )
   at  ? .(    , Int32 , Boolean )
   at  ? .(Boolean )
   at ?? .( ?  , String , String , Boolean)
   at ?? .( ?  , String )
   at ?? . ()
   at ?? .()
   at ?? .(Workbook , LoadOptions )
   at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.(Stream , LoadOptions , Boolean )
   at Aspose.Cells.Workbook.(String , LoadOptions )
   at Aspose.Cells.Workbook..ctor(String file)
   at WorkbookWithPng.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\dev\yasense\yasensenet\WorkbookWithPng\Program.cs:line 14

The question marks and missing characters are due to unicode. In attachement is a screenshot of the exception in cmd.exe.

The original workbook (from which the stripped down version in attachement was derived) works fine in Excel and, as soon as I remove that particular image, also in Aspose.

What could be wrong?

Thanks,
david.

example2.xlsx.zip (492.9 KB)
image.png (271.7 KB)

@dcatteeu,

Thanks for the template file and exception trace.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by opening your template file via Aspose.Cells APIs. I found an exception “Input string was not in a correct format” on opening an Excel (Strict Open XML Spreadsheet) file:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("E:\\test2\\example2.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45804” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@dcatteeu

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45804 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you for the quick intervention!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45804) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.12 update.

Please also check the following article: