Locking all threads on the server

Hi,

to help you I have created a Vagrant VirtualBox instance with everything installed that reproduces the issue. Follow these steps (on Mac OSX - it may vary a little on Windows):

Install [VirtualBox]

Install [Vagrant]

Download the vagrant box file I have setup here to a folder on your computer: https://customerservices.glasscubes.com/share/s/elu3i5degna2fb7cdloc222b9d

cd into the folder in a terminal window. The type:

vagrant init glasscubes-vagrant.box (you may get an warning don’t worry about it)

vagrant up

then you need to ssh into the instance:

vagrant ssh

then:

cd test.aspose/

/home/vagrant/Java/jdk1.7.0_51/bin/java -classpath “lib/*:target/classes” test.App

This reproduces the issue. I also tested with the latest Java 8 and its the same.

Hi Wayne,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for sharing the addition information. We are looking into it and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi,

is there any update on this - it causes us major pain.

thanks

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delayed response.

I have tested the scenario using resource files which you have shared earlier and I am unable to notice any issue. The image conversion process keeps running and no error message appears. See attached screenshot of my terminal window.

Hi,

So you are reproducing the issue. Let me try to be clear by using caps:

There is NO ERROR OUTPUT. The issue is THE PROCESS NEVER COMPLETES AND KEEPS RUNNING.

The process should finish running after a 2 seconds. The whole point is it never completes. If you read this thread you will realize theses are thread dumps I am showing you, so you can see the process has a problem and is stuck.

Is that clear?

kind regards

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I also managed to notice that conversion process keeps running and never stops. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWJAVA-35389 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

Is there any update for PDFNEWJAVA-35389?
I am looking for the fix in order to apply for our issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38233

Thanks,
Minh Tran
Atlassian BugMaster

Yes I would like an update, its been a long time.

Thanks

Hi Minh/Wayne

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid above reported issue is still not resolved as product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation…

Best Regards,

Hi, do we know when this may be resolved? This is having a major impact in our tools.

twernicke:
Hi, do we know when this may be resolved? This is having a major impact in our tools.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for contacting support.

The issue reported earlier in this thread as PDFNEWJAVA-35389 is not yet resolved as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported high priority issues. As soon as we have some further updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

Furthermore, I have observed that the issue was reported by a different user, so are you facing similar problem in your environment ? or you have created a new username on our website.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Correct, we are seeing the exact issue in our environment. It seems to be impacting many users. In our case, thousands.

This same issue is affecting tens of thousands of users from our clients as well. It can have the effect of bringing a site to its knees,in many cases forcing a complete restart due to the actions of a single conversion perpetually running without end.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

Your concerns have been shared with product team and they will surely consider them while scheduling the investigation/resolution of this problem. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know. We are really sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Any updates on this issue? This has been known for ~ (7) months and no apparent action?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have good news for you, your above reported issue has been resolved and its fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for Java i.e. 11.5.0. Hopefully it will be published in start of May, 2016. However we will notify you as soon as it is released and gets available for download.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Awesome, thanks for the help here. The sooner it gets out the better. :slight_smile:

Hi Tim,

We do understand the criticallity and urgency of required resolution, but before we publish any new release, it undergoes thorough regression testing cycles and as soon as the version becomes available, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-35389) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Tim,

Please try using the latest release and in case you have any further query, please feel free to contact.